13 August 2011

Rub Cheeks Together, Be Friends Forever

The Master's friend Daniel Palma-Tayona drew this. It's me and the Master.
It’s supposed to be summer but the rains have come early. The Master is enjoying the "bed weather" under she sheets this morning. He is half awake and half asleep. I was concerned that the plants were bathing too loud. But I think the Master enjoys the strange sound. To him it is soothing. A few moments ago he even opened the window and the door so he can hear more of it and to get some cool fresh air into the apartment.

Mister Ben the Bed is working overtime today. He usually cradles the Master from eleven thirty in the evening ‘till six or seven in the morning. Today he is still at his job and it is almost nine am. You’ve got to love Mister Ben. He is serious about giving the Master the best sleep ever every night. Mister Ben cradles and rocks the Master all night long. Even when he himself is under the weather on some cold nights he never falters and never shows any signs of fatigue. He is the bed that never gets tired of giving rest. Sometimes the Master gets extra frisky and moves around a lot. But Mister Ben just hugs him ever so dearly, rocking and cradling until the soothing motion brings deep sleep.

I accompany Mister Ben at night watching over the Master. I help Mister Ben by keeping him entertained. He enjoys it when I play ball with the Pings or wrestling with the Hippo plush doll. I will admit, sometimes we overdo it and wake up the Master. We get a funny guilty feeling when that happens.

Mister Ben is the oldest resident of the Apartment. When the old inhabitants decided to leave the apartment Mister Ben dreaded the thought of being disassembled and put back together in another strange place. Luckily they could not figure out how to do it so they sold Mister Ben to the Master. Mister Ben appreciated the gesture, and, in time, learned to love and respect the Master.

I came two years after. And Mister Ben welcomed me with open arms, or properly speaking, posts. Mister Ben gave me a place to hide under him when I was new in the apartment and the Master was strange to me. Little by little he taught me to leave the safe heaven and explore the world of the apartment.

One night when the Master was asleep he even showed me how kind and loving the Master is. While the Master was alseep Mister Ben called me over to show me the Master sleeping, face laid down on his pillow-cheeks. “If you rub your cheeks together, you’ll be friends forever” Mister Ben said. I was afraid to do it but his low kind voice was so convincing. So I did it. The Master woke and I got scared. I woke the Master from slumber and I was expecting a beating. To my pleasant surprise, the Master just gave me bug hug and eskimo kiss then told me I was “The Bestest Kitty Cat Ever!”.  All cats are the bestest kitty cats to their Masters. The little kitty cat that I was, I knew as much. Mister Ben was right it made the Master and I friends forever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment